Event Category: Intelligent Lives
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017
Location: InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles CA
Please join us for a preview of Intelligent Lives, a documentary exploring the importance placed on IQ, and how self-advocates are challenging the notions of intelligence and pushing for a more inclusive society. During the post-film discussion, we’ll consider how professional development and an increase in college options—including Syracuse’s “InclusiveU” program—can provide new opportunities for independence.
- Amy Brenneman: actress, producer & activist
- Carrie Rosen: writer, ABC’s Speechless
- Dan Habib, filmmaker, Intelligent Lives, Including Samuel
- Micah Fialka-Feldman ’15, self-advocate and teaching assistant at Syracuse University, featured in Intelligent Lives
- Brent Elder G’16, professor, inclusive education, Rowan University
- Andy Arias, actor and self-advocate
- Moderated by Beth Myers, Ed.D., executive director, Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education at Syracuse University
Hosted by Syracuse University Los Angeles and the Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education.
VIEW THE DISCUSSION: